type of program i could get him in to?

im a single mom with a 5yr old handicap son with very few resources, and would like to get my son in a program that we could both benifit from, like give me a break and he could learn and thats very trust worthy!

lsap667

Asked by lsap667 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• In my county, the special needs schools I worked for offer respite services on the weekends for tired moms and dads. This allows trained professionals to engage in stimulating activities with your child while you get a little break. If you're looking for something to do together, this could be a good resource as well because I'm sure they have new ideas!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• There are programs in the schools for them and year long programs. You have to check where you live and see what they have to offer. Also ask his doctor for help on referals. There are people out there to help you. I would like to say to you be strong keep looking and asking you are doing the right thing. You just have to find a confortable place for him. Be Blessed
    dbooksplus

Answer by dbooksplus at 7:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Thank you for the kind words! He does go for the extended year which is only 3 hrs, but i really want to find somebody like a big brother cause he want attention mostly from men! and its killing me cause he has no male role model in his life! i feel so bad that i cant give that to him!
    lsap667

Answer by lsap667 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2008