Question about a specialist?

I'm new to this site.I have a 4 year old girl and a 2 year old boy..And my Son was born a preemie and now when he walks hes really pigeon toed..Like his feet do not point out straight at all..So he had a specialist appointment yesterday and they said their is nothing they can do right now that it will correct itselfs in a few years and if not then they will have to break his bones and fix it bc they said its his shin bone that go inward..So my question is really has anyone else went through this and do you think i should get another opinion...
Thank you for the help..

mommyof20709

Asked by mommyof20709 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is pigeon toed also...I think most kids go through this at some point..i did too. Just don't let him sit with his feet folded behind him..like a "W"...it makes it worse. Get him a good pair of shoes and wait it out. He's a little young to be breakin his legs...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• please do.. get a second or third opinion until two of them agree.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I have the very same problem with my daughter. And she just saw the doctor yesterday. They told me the very same thing. Said they have to wait till they are at lease 10 before they do anything about it. My daughter is 3
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Thank You all...i just feel so bad for him bc he falls all the time...The doctor tryed to tell me that he falls all the time bc he is a boy..thats ridiculous...
    mommyof20709

Comment by mommyof20709 (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2011