Parents that need to be charged with a crime adult content

My Cuz just told me about this because her INFANT daughter has been affected with measles. Her daughter is to young for the shot. Anyways. There was a small outbreak of measles in Utah at the very beginning of the month. Few had measles. After being told to stay home and not leave home for X amount of time, fucking stupid ass parents STILL took there child to 2 very public events. Exposing 1000s of people to it. One Cuz was at one of those events with her children. Now her infant is sick with it because people are to fucking selfish and stupid to vaccinate their children! They don't give a rats ass if it their child gets it and spreads it around. A pregnant teacher was affected at a school where the outbreak started! SELFISH!

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/8c2b942e31d043e3a8be9c6e8f050873/UT--Measles-Outbreak/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow. That is extremely selfish. I wouldnt take my son anywhere except the dr last month when he had strep/flu. They dont think of the impact they are having on the people around them. I know there is nothing you can do before you know your child is sick but once you know STAY HOME!!! I hope your cousin's baby is ok!!
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I have been reading on that story since it started, i used to live in utah, just moved to wyoming but anywho, i think that the kids should get vaxed because its only putting them in danger, the parents are very selfish!!!
    this is going to turn into a huge debate!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 12:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I agree the parents of those kids deserve to be charged with a crime. They exposed so many people because they didn't think it was a big deal. I live in Utah and heard this on the news last night. It make me happy I vaccinated my kids and don't take them to many public events.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Seems like the same type of thing with the selfish parents who brought their son here from Mexico, exposing TONS of American's to the Swine Flu. I know a few people who were VERY sick and a girl who died from it. Funny how a year later we hear nothing about it.

I am not saying I agree with vax your children, but I am saying KEEP YOUR family HOME when they are sick!!!
    Anonymous

• jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• of course they want you to vax...the pharmaceutical companies would be out of business if you didn't!

Anonymous

• No anonymous! Millions of people would be sick and dying if we didnt
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• The excuse it..oh they have medicine now to fix diseases so why do I have to vaccinate? These diseases crippled & killed millions of people before vaccines & if ppl stop vaccines then the diseases so feared years ago will make a surging comeback. Think about it.
    Anonymous

• While I understand your frustration, I am one of those who is concerned about getting some vaccinations as I'm not convinced of their safety. However, to keep ALL children safe, the vaccination program and using good common sense in keeping sick children home is the best we have right now. Not to mention how taking sick children in the public arena can also have adverse effects on anyone with a suppressed immune system. When my children were sick, I stayed home with them, unless their child care provider said differently. (with our kids all at the same age, sometimes if one got sick the others already had it, so it really didn't matter) While charging a parent with a crime seems extreme, it just may be the thing that wakes people up! Nothing is so important that you have to jeapardize anyone's health with exposure to illness - not to mention the impact on the sick child.
    mrslabel

Answer by mrslabel at 12:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

You don't know ANYTHING about how Big Pharma works if you believe that one! Companies make very little off vaccines. In fact, so little, that the majority of them stopped making vaccines all together. Only five companies make them now...because they cost more to produce then they make from them. The ONLY reason anyone makes them is government pressure to provide needed vaccines. Pharmaceutical companies are ALL about making as much $$$ as possible & producing vaccines is NOT profitable enough for most of them to bother with. They like to concentrate on medications people have to take over a life time...high blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol....Read up a bit on HOW Big Pharma works, Anon. before you believe what other people have been feeding you.
    Anonymous