Ear thermometer?

my dd is 14 months old and taking her temp all the other ways is really hard to do these days! ive been doing it under the arm but she fights me now! i just want an idea of wat her temp is when she is sick so i know when i should start treating it but normally i just let it run its course!
any good ear thermometers out there that dont cost an arm and leg?

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I just want to warn you that I bought one that did cost an arm and a leg, and it didn't fit in my daughter's ear, making it useless for taking her temp. Luckily, she stopped fighting me with the underarm temp taking.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• oh i never thought about that! idk i prolly dont really need one i guess! it would just b nice not to hold her down while she screams!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i got a very simple ear on for the same reason and its so much faster and easier
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 1:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• We found an accurate forehead thermometer from Vick's for $20ish. You just turn it on and touch the forehead for a second. It works with in fared I think.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 1:08 AM on Apr. 24, 2011