Would you or wouldn't you?

Would you be upset if you found out that your 12 yo dd watched a R rated movie at a slumber party? What would you do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I would have been mad that I hadn't called the parents before hand and found out exactly what was going to go on a the party...
    Then I would not let my child go there again since the parents obviously lack common sense.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'd be upset.. I would try not to show it but I would be upset.. like "well, there goes some of her innocence"
    If it was MY house, turn it off. if it were a friends house i would ask the parents if they thought it was okay and then suggest my daughter does the sleep overs at our house from now on
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Depends on the movie. Older R rated movies aren't as graphic and vulgar as new ones. Regardless, the parents should have asked permission before allowing kids to watch an R movie.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 1:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• they wouldnt be going over there again for another slumber party
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 1:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• 12 yr old 6th grade or 7th grade?
    What movie?

For me it would depend 100% on what movie it was. I dont think a parent should allow other peoples 12 yr olds to watch R rated movies... that is for each parent to decide. However, for MY 12 yr old... it would depend on the movie.

There is a huge difference between lets say "Shindler's List" and "Wedding Crashers"
    Anonymous

• It would depend on the movie. I would be a little upset that the parent didn't let me know before hand.
    happynlovenlife

Answer by happynlovenlife at 1:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I would have not issue with it. I do not shelter my kids from the real world. It would not have bother me. Now rated X is a different story.

Answer by louise2 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I wouldnt think anything of it. There are parents letting 6 y.o watch R rated movies and that would be a huge problem for me.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My daughter has been allowed to watch R rated movies at her best friend's house. She is 13 now and her friend is 14 but I know they were watching them when my daughter was 12. I thought about saying something to her parents, but I let it go.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• No big deal.

Answer by older at 2:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2011