How do you....

How do you clean your bathtub?

SO's job has been getting him really dirty lately & the tub is disgusting so I have to clean it every couple of days now. I am spraying it with a bleech spray then I take a cup fill it with water & wash it down. It takes like 10-15 cup fulls of water to finally get all the dirt out of the tub (our shower head dosent detatch). I still after all of this have to take a screen scrub pad to the bottom of the tub to get up to the dark color from the dirt that is just stuck on.

Is there an easier, quicker way of going about this?

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I scrub it REALLY well, get it VERY clean then I use paste or liquid car wax and wax the walls and tile but not the bottom of the tub. It stays clean for months and months and when I do clean it again Mildew remover and a good scrubbing takes the wax off so I can start over. All I have to do is clean the floor of the shower once a week now. The walls stay clean for over 8 months with a good coat of wax.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Hand SO a sponge or scrubee and have him clean the tub as he finishes.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 1:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Scrub brush + elbow grease = clean tub.

Unless you are actually removing the build up, you are simply disinfecting the top layer- which isn't cleaning it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I love scouring powder for things like this.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I've always used a bathroom cleaner, like Scrubbin' Bubbles or Mr. Clean or something like that. I spray the tub, let it sit a minute, then start washing it off with a washcloth.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I use the cream bleach cleaner or comet and a scouring pad. It really doesn't take me long. I kind of wet the area, swirl my cleaner in, scrub it around, let it sit a couple minutes, and then use a bucket to rinse it all away.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I have hard water. I go to the dollar store and get some lime away. Let set. up scrub brush and rinse. It's good for weeks.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Make him use bubble bath, my little girl gets really dirty outside, and bubble bath really helps. My dh won't do it, but maybe you can talk yours into it.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Okay so I found a long handle scrub brush we had used that to clean up the tub & put it on top to the side of the tub. I will point it out to SO that as he leaves the tub to just brush that along the corners by the drain (this is where it seems to be the most dirty). I'm sure he'll do it a few times then not anymore lol I'll get that stuff the powder stuff you sprinkle onto surfaces like that as well so I dont have to use the bleech anymore.
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Oh yeah tub cleaner dur those foam ones on the commercials lol I will have to pick some of that up too! Thanks!
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2011