How do I stop this?

How do you stop sassiness and plain disrespectful talk? I've tried stopping all non-school fun but she still has the school and sport fun. Should I take ALL away till she changes her attitude? Is there anything else you have found to work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Take that big ass baby over your knee and spank her!
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 1:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think that if you were to take everything but going to school and coming home from school away from her for a week or two she would stop. Good Luck to you.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• We charge our kids when they get smart mouthy. A nickel a comment, it goes in a jar on a shelf in the kitchen. If they really out of control the price goes to a dime, then quarter. The most either has had to give me (at one time) is $0.50. And when they actually have to go get their money, it really makes mine think.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It goes with the teen territory. Simply tell her you don't appreciate how she speaks to you. Make sure you speak to her with the respect as a model for her. If she continues then walk away (ignoring her bad behavior). I'd tell her you will listen to her when she speaks to you respectfully. Make sure you reward the good behavior.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• when they were younger we would spray vinegar on their tongues (nasty comes out, nasty goes in!) I am not sure I could wrangle my teen to do that now....i try hard to ignore my kids when they act that way because it doesn't seem to work to engage them and they never back down. I also then try not to bend over backwards to help them the next time they want something... it is sooo darn hard!
    got2boyztoo

Answer by got2boyztoo at 1:02 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You speak to your child. You ask your child why she does not respect you. You ask her why she thinks that it is ok to speak to you this way.

Remember, a child who is most unlovable, is most in need of love.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Do what you have to do to let them know they are not to disrespect you, that is one thing that I never tolerated, but you get better results if you start early, at the first sign. It is also the age of knowing it all, bear with it but never allow disrespect.

Answer by older at 8:43 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I would listen to her mouth off at me and secretly have dawn dishwash liquid on my fingers ,and put my fingers in her muth and say see how that tastes?that is how bad your words hurt my ears,Seems mean i know but it works well.They knew what i meant ,and understood it.I do not feel that it was abuse in any way.Crap my mom would put a whole bar of soap in our mouths.Do not take this and make me out to be a monster,i am not and all 3 of mine have grown into well adjusted adults that make more money than i ever could.And all three thank us regularly for their raising,and appreciate us to this very day.To have your oldest daughter tell you how much it meant to her for me to always be there for her and correct her wrongs meant the world to me.Yes i was tough ,but i had to be.I was their go to person period.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• isk i am in the same boat!
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 3:48 PM on May. 19, 2011