MUSHROOMS?

WHAT ARE THE BEST KIND OF MUSHROOMS? AND WHAT ARE SOME GOOD RECIPES WITH THEM?

scared19yrold

Asked by scared19yrold at 11:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I BUY THE WHITE ONES FROM THE GROCERY STORE, FRY THEM ON LOW IN SWEET AND SALTY BUTTER....YUM BUT FATTENING. LOL
    I LOVE OT PUT THEM IN MY SPAGITTIE TO
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 11:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My favorite mushrooms are button mushrooms. They're cheap and easy to work with =] My FAVORITE recipe ever is sauteed mushrooms. You basically just cut up or chop the mushrooms and sautee them with oil or butter, garlic, cilantro, and some salt. Just heat them around in the pan until they've shriveled down and browned. Ohh so sinfully amazing =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i LOVE mushrooms! they are so versitle (sp). like the pps said button mushrooms are great sauteed, i like them on pizza & on burgers. my fil makes a burger that has cheese & mushrooms in the center & it bubbles out...soo good.
    shitaki mushrooms are my favorite. they are savory & often come dehydrated. they are unami & could easily replace meat in meals. i prefer these in my spagetti instead of meatballs. they are also great in stir frys & other asian cuisines.
    there are countless ways to use mushrooms...i cant think of any meal that couldn't be improved by a handful of mushrooms :D
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Bacon wrapped mushrooms.. cut bacon in half and wrap around a whole button mushroom, skewer 'em and grill.. YUM!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Mine are portabello mushrooms -- I am a vegetarian, so I treat them just like a steak -- marinade and grill. YUM
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I love portabellos..
    one port per sammy...
    Kaiser rolls...cut em in half..and grill to brown the rolls
    fresh basil cut up and mixed with a 1/2 C of Mayo(basil mayo) I use a ton of basil
    Jar of roasted sweet red peppers...
    Fancy lettuce or Kale.
    Provalone cheese slices..
    Grill the portabellos on the grill with EVOO and salt and pepper..both sides ..lay the cheese on right before you pull em off the grill and then build the best sammy in the world. I am FAMOUS for these...

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2008