I am worried

I went grocery shopping after I dropped my girls off at school. I have my 2 month old with me. He had just got done eating a bottle and when we got inside the store I took him out of the car seat to burp him. After he burpedi put him back in the car seat. Didn't put the straps back on because he fuses when they are on. Well I thought I had put them back on before leaving the store. When I got home he want in the straps and his head was bent all the way down. I have been crying ever since then. Because I was like what if he got baby shaken anytime from the car ride home or what if I hurt his neck
I am just really scared. I feel like a bad parent for not double checking and I always make sure they are in their seat belts before we go anywhere. It won't happen again:*(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't beat yourself up mommy. Just remember to always double check before starting the car.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• He's probably fine. Don't beat yourself up over it. If you think he's hurt then call the doctor. We didn't even have car seats with straps in my day. Their little heads were bounced all over the place and all my kids are fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• You can always take him to the pediatrician, explain what happened, and have them check it out. We all have times when we are not as careful as we should be . . . putting bouncies on counters, baby seats on couches, falling asleep holding baby, etc . . . the doctors are used to it.

You will probably get a lecture, but at least you know that you checked out your baby and did the right thing.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• To make you feel better about it, try this next time...

Wear him in a wrap or sling while in the store. Then, you "HAVE" to put him in his seat when you get in the car. That way, you can't have an accident with it again and you'll feel more confident about it and less hard on yourself.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2011