Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 Bumps

Im stuck in a relationship i don't want to be in help?!?

im 19 years old with a 3month im in a relationship that im very unhappy with and he is verbal and physical abusive when he gets angry , i get some help from the government but its not enough does any one know who i can speak to ? or what i should do ? im looking up places but im not to sure what to specifically look for ?

Answer Question

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

Level 12 (663 Credits)
Answers (18)
  • The police for one. Get that baby out of there, if he's doing it to what, what makes you think he won't do it to your baby? Do you have options for moving? Family, friends?

    Answer by yesmaam at 1:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • Domestic violence shelter. You should call your local county behavioral health number and ask for a referral. Or call your local rape crisis center . . .they will most likely have a woman's shelter number for you.

    You should get out ASAP. Your life is worth more than the money.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • GET OUT NOW! Go to a women shelter

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • i called the cops yesterday they didn't take the situation serious because if they did they said DYFS would get involved and would be 5 months or more before i get him back ..

    Comment by firstimemommy21 (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • Womens shelter for abuse women. Your local police or PA office might be able to steer you in the right direction too.


    Answer by louise2 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • Battered women's shelter!! Pm me if you'd like me to help find you one.

    Answer by matobe at 1:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • A Social Family Worker?

    Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • Get your baby back is what you're referring to right? The police don't know that, and if you are the victim why would you lost your baby? Sorry, just trying to get you to think logically here :) I know you've got it rough right now. I think like these others have suggeted going to a shelter, anywhere is better where you're at now.

    Answer by yesmaam at 1:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • Go to the police department. They can place you in a women shelter until you get on your feet, and trust me, its the best solution because the environment you're currently in is not a good one for you or the baby. Good luck!

    Answer by ambr2006 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • Social services isn't going to get involved unless there is child abuse going on. A women's shelter isn't going to report you to social services if you and your baby are a victim, they are there to help you. GET OUT NOW while he isn't home. Go to a shelter or mission and then figure out if there is a friend or family you can stay with until you get on your feet. The police can escort you back to your home to collect your belongings so he doesn't harm you or your baby. Message me if you want help, cuz I've been where you are and I got out.

    Answer by Kari727 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.