Questions you would ask

What questions - personal, funny, etc - would you ask your parents to get to know them more? Me and my mom get along great and we talk; she is like my friend. But i want to get to know her, her background, likes and dislikes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I got this from Real Simple

http://www.realsimple.com/work-life/get-to-know-your-family-friends-better-10000001116919/index.html

It has a 10-page questionnaire with all sorts of questions...like her childhood home, first job, biggest fight w/their parents....etc.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Hmmm...I've never had to think about that before...my mom is one of my best friends....I don't ask her alot of questions, we just talk like friends....but I guess the best way is just to come out and ask...if I ever did want to know something I just asked her..."What kinds of things did you do when you were my age?" "How did you and daddy meet?" "When did you know he was right for you"....things like that...Good luck honey....btw I think it's SO sweet that you want to get to know your mother better....that's awesome
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Well..... IF you talk to your Mom all the time and she's your friend..... one would think you already know her.
    I've never asked and I could tell you my Moms fave color, food, singer, author, clothes she likes.....
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 1:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Honestly I wouldn't ask. Because I doubt it would be the truth anyway.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• ASk her about relationships has change or if she had any unique experience...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Were you not with her as a child? I was with my parents til 18, there's nothing I'd ask them
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Ask her about past relationships, her teenage and childhood experiences in school, sports (if any), clubs, friends, etc. Ask her what kind of things she sees for herself in the future (near and distant). What kind of people she finds herself around now compared to when she was younger? (Good friends, influentual friends good or bad, honest, loyal friends, etc. How does she feel her life has turned out and what would she have done differently? Ask her her favorites and dislikes. Ask her on some insight on her beliefs (whether religion, aliens, ghosts, spirits, etc). Ask her about what she'd rather be doing the working (if she works) or what kind of field of employment would she rather be in. (Whether she works or not) You could also find one of those topic card games they sell at walmart, amazon, or Barnes and Noble. That have a varity of topics to talk about at the dinner table.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• any questions that you feel comfortable asking i guess if you guys are that close it shouldn't be hard to come up with a great conversation asking her about her past or likes/dislikes.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 1:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• there's a lot about my mom i don't know, but i don't really want to know. so, none.
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 3:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'd love to be more open like that with my mom, lol, but I doubt I could ask her a lot of stuff. I might not want to know the answers :)
    LoraGardiner

Answer by LoraGardiner at 4:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2011