Eww that smells..

okay so i give my 6 month old at least 2 baths a day one in the morning and one before bed time...but it seems like right when her neck gets wet it has a nasty smell lol i clean it constantly, and change her clothes at least 3-4 times a day also is it every baby that has that smell or just mine??

mommyof3_21

Asked by mommyof3_21 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it depends on what the smell is i guess it could be anthing really the type of formula you give her or what products you are using that she may be reacting to
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 1:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Thats too many baths! Way too many. Put a wash cloth under her neck when you feed her to catch any spillage and put powder on the neck after bath time. But not a lot you don't want her to suffocate from the powder
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 1:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It's the spit and sweat. Bath won't makes t go away. Put some powder or cream there it eliminate the yeast and bacteria growth.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• When they get moisture, formula, or breast milk under their chin it will start to smell. Due to the fact that they don't hold their chin off of their chest, so it gets warm in there and whatever is under there kind of starts to "decay". (For lack of a better word) Which will cause it to smell. What I do is wash under their chins (and 'chin rolls') with a baby wipe. If they're getting a rash or need help keeping it dry then you can apply a small amount of baby powder. Shake some onto your fingers and then apply, never shake the bottle onto the baby's neck directly. That can cause them to inhale the powder, which is very dangerous.

When my daughter was born she was the chunkiest baby I had ever seen. With that came excess chin/neck 'fat', and she'd continuously get rashes under there from sweat, drool, and formula getting under there. I'd constantly have to wipe her down and pat it dry to avoid her getting a rash.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2011