How much baby cereal should i be feeing my son>

Im a new mom and I am starting my son on baby cereal. How many times a day should I be feeding him and how much.

Asked by dark_fae at 12:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would start with just a little bit. Chances are he won't take to it at first, but keep trying and add a little more as he progresses with it.

Answer by momofana82 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Just once a day to start. Follow the first feeding instructions on the box and feed him until he doesn't want anymore. Gradually you will start adding more cereal and less liquid, and then go to multiple times a day. Go off of his appetite, there is no right answer. At least for the first few days give it to him around lunch time so you can see how he is reacting to it. And always give cereal from a spoon unless there is a medical reason not to.

Answer by supershlea at 12:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I always gave mine just one bottle a day, at night. But I think it's okay to do it two times a day .

Answer by TiffysBabies at 12:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would start with a little just to make sure it doesn't bother his tummy. I fed mine as much as they wanted, whenever it was time to eat, and mixed it with other baby foods.

Answer by mykidskickass at 12:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I gave my daughter at 5 mos, one tsp mixed with breastmilk (or formula), mix until really creamy. I did it at breakfast only for a couple days and then dinner as well. After a while ... you will see that they eat it faster and want more. Then I woudl give her 2 tsp, etc. At 9 mos ... I think she was having 2 tbs. mixed with 2 tbs of fruit.

Answer by Sophiasmom119 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008