How do you approach your housekeeping?

I have been making a list of things I want to get done in each room every day, and that includes the things I usually do every day (like vacuuming and sweeping).

As silly as it sounds, having a finite list of things to do, and knowing that when that list is done, its done for the day, keeps me motivated. Plus, I like the satisfaction of scratching something off my list LOL

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I do lists too. I love that feeling of marking things off the list. If I do something extra that isn't on the list, I add it so I can cross it off.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 5:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think that's a great idea, and I have something similar in my household notebook. It keeps me on track!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I do the whole house top to bottom on mondays and do light upkeep the rest of the week.
    Anonymous

• No lists, I just know what needs to be done and I do it.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• you rock

L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I start in any room from the top down. Living room? Start by cleaning the ceiling fan, then dusting around the room till I get to the floor then vacuum or wash the floor. If you go top to bottom you wont be getting dust on things you already dusted.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• No list here. I just go into a room and clean it up. From top to bottom.

Answer by louise2 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I just do it lol as I notice something that needs to be done I do it. Of course certain things dont need to be done as often so those get done as they are needed as well or when I feel like its time to do them again!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I know what my usual chores are each day for each room. Now if I need to do something special for company or going on a trip or something like that then I will make a list of things I want to do and it sure does feel good when you can cross things off as you go. Makes it more fun and feels like I did something that day and then can relax after that.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I hit it like a Blitzkrieg.. I hit it, hit it hard and fast. That way I'm done quicker and have the rest of my day free.
    spoiled_wife

Answer by spoiled_wife at 3:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2011