Does your husband have his head in the clouds at times?

I told my husband I was going to go grocery shopping at the super center here. We grocery shop for two weeks worth of groceries when we grocery shop. There are three of us. I spent $116 for groceries (food, diapers, etc) today. My husband goes "$116? That better have included the car seat in that amount!". WHAT?? $116 for two weeks of grocery's for three people and a car seat??? I wish!! He told me a car seat should cost no more than $40. HA! On what planet? I guess it was more of a vent than anything else, but does anyone else's husband not have a clue at times?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• $116?????
    I spend about $250 a week for our family of 5. He should kiss the ground you walk on.
    Anonymous

• My husband is the same way.
    bether89

Answer by bether89 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Mine was shocked the other day when I had him run to the store with $25 (what was left in the food budget) to pick up a few items becaue people were coming over.
    We needed peppers, raisins, lettuce and cucumbers for the salad and some apples for desserts. He came back cursing because he was unable to pick up the dozen other items he thought we needed.
    reality has no grip on him....
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 4:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Yes dh is that way sometimes. $116 for 2 weeks including diapers is amazing I spend about $75 every week for our family of 3 and dd is out of diapers.
    alliesmom112

Answer by alliesmom112 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• my husband doesnt usually say anything.
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• my husband would be thrilled if thats all i spent on groceries for two weeks. i go every two weeks also and i spend almost 200 dollars and there is only me my husband and our daughter oh yeah and one on the way
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• yea mine has no clue how much alot of things cost but he kinda just lets me handle it... I handle our finances and all our grocery shopping, if He needs something specific picked up he lets me know... other then that he kinda just goes with the flow
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 5:05 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I think that's pretty typical!
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Not my husband.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 10:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• That is why I am the one in charge of your budget!
    onecuteladybug2

Answer by onecuteladybug2 at 3:12 AM on Apr. 24, 2011