Iam 41 weeks, what can I do to get my labor up and going???

Ive walked, jogged, took castor oil, and everything i possibly can and NOTHING!!!!!

msteenkiya

Asked by msteenkiya at 12:04 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• just sit and wait.. the baby wont come unless it wants to
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• spicy tuna with extra spicy sauce did the trick for me =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I heard if you have sex the semen is supposed to soften the uterus and also cause hormonal changes that may induce labor.
    infor2

Answer by infor2 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• lol, i did everything from walking, to sex, to turning The Twist on and actually doing the twist in my living room...nothing worked. i finally woke up 7 days after my due date with contractions at 4 in the morning....i was so excited! i went in after they were less than 5 minutes apart, i was only 3cm, so they sent me home with a sleeping pill and i when i woke up, my water broke. so i would have to say just wait, walk, dance, do whatever you want, but that baby's not coming out until he/sh wants to. if it gets to long, like 42 weeks, they'll schedule either an induction or a c-section. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• sex and get out your breast pump...pump away. I actually pumped because my breasts were WAY too full without consulting my doctor...I pumped out ounces and ounces and when I was done, I had contractions and had to go to the hospital (it was too early to be having contractions) they told me not to do it anymore because it releases hormones that will bring you into labor. I'm giving it about another 3 weeks before I'm pumping around the clock to get this baby out!!! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• you dont want to hear it but nothing....i was the ssame way with my second and all that work from ideas from internet, friends, past nurses, did nothing but made me have some really really bad contractions and a couple agravating false labor vists to hospital. if that little isnt rready you can do whatever u want hell walk to another state its not going to happen until he/she is ready....
    jayceeluv

Answer by jayceeluv at 1:10 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• You DO know Castor Oil is a poision to our bodies taken in large amounts right? Dosnt your Dr want to induce you if your 41 weeks? If your truely 41 weeks your overdue dear, That baby is done cooking. Talk to your Dr.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:44 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I've heard from a few people...eat eggplant parm, lol! With my 1st, my OB induced me 8 days past my due date.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 2:11 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• SEX! it did it for me at 34 weeks when i didnt even want the baby to come! lol thank god they stopped it thou! : )
    Kelli.and.Ellie

Answer by Kelli.and.Ellie at 2:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• as someone who was overdue with both babies i can tell you that nothing works,nothing,sit tight and wait,its defenitlely going to happen.soon.yes,soon.believe me,soon.
    2ndtimemom605

Answer by 2ndtimemom605 at 3:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2008