Very nervous!!! Please make me feel better!!!!!!!!! adult content

Ok so with my last pregnancy when I went in for my first ultrasound I was far enough along to have a regular ultrasound... well This time around I am only 7weeks and they have to use the wand.. My question and PLEASE be honest.. Does it hurt.. I hate pap smears, its not like an OWWW hurt but it doesn't feel good n it is very!!!!!! uncomfortable, Please tell me about your experience.

doctor

kylansmommy09

Asked by kylansmommy09 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Transvaginal ultrasounds are awkward, but not painful. The PAP hurts because they are SCRAPING your cervix. Ouch. A transvaginal ultrasound is just a wand with a condom on it. No scratching. They also don't shove the thing in there very hard or anything. It is awkward having someone moving a wand around in there while your legs are spread wide on the table, but everyone will be looking at the screen. It really doesn't hurt.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 5:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• mine didnt bother me at all it just felt like a little pressure
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• its uncomfortable. and can hurt a little.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 2:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I have never had one, but I also hate pap smears...ughh, just try to relax!! You will get through it!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Dont worry You will be Alright!!
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• it is wayyyy better than a pap smear. it's just uncomfortable that some lady is sticking something in there but it is painless really
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 3:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It's definitely not as uncomfortable as the pap smear, but I won't lie it is definitely uncomfortable. Youll be fine.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Well mine hurt a ton but that's because some navy dr jerk did it and didn't lube me or anything and literally shoved it up there as fast and hard as he could. But the regular way, no not really. It's more uncomfortable then painful.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Neither of mine hurt at all. Just a little pressure if anything. just make sure you use the bathroom first. it can be more uncomfortable if you have a full bladder. Besides you will be so distracted by looking at your lil one for the first time you will barely notice the wand. :)
    mrs.miner

Answer by mrs.miner at 4:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• They use this wand with a condom on it with gelly. The only way it will hut is if they push it up against you cervix. I have an internal with all three of my pregnancies and other than feeling really uncomfortable they are really not that big of a deal to do.

Good luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2011