What would you do or say?

We were at my son's school last night because they had pizza night for surpassing their reading goal for March.

We were walking around on the playground and a kid that I have seen around the school before came up to me and said "why are you so fat and why is your son so fat? You both need to go on a diet and lose weight"

I don't know this kids parents or why he would say this. What would you do or say? Would you contact the principal or what? Thanks everyone

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think contacting the principal is ridiculous... WAY OVER BOARD.

So the kid is rude.  He has a thought and has no filter.  It was a question... he should be taught that all thought dont need to be verbalized but it wasnt mean... it was just rude.  

Anonymous

• I would have told the little boy right there that he was rude and calling someone fat was not nice. I also would have told him that people are all diferent shapes and sizes and its ok to be different.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i would of walked him over to a teacher etc and procede to tell them what was said..then i would of asked him which one of his parents he got his ugly mouth from..im sorry but at that age kids know better and from him saying that would make me think he has picked on your son...and if not further i would make a point to find out who his parents are and tell them their son is rude..and for all they know or their kids know you and your son could have some type of medical condition...i mean does this kid walk around and ask the special kids why they are special?
    Anonymous

• What can you do? Some people are just plain rude and it's best to just ignore it and walk away.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• "I think contacting the principal is ridiculous... WAY OVER BOARD.

So the kid is rude. He has a thought and has no filter. It was a question... he should be taught that all thought dont need to be verbalized but it wasnt mean... it was just rude.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous 15 minutes ago"

and it is rude what you are saying and also cowardly that you can't post your name that you have to post anonymous
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I dont post my name on ANYthing in this section.

Why is it rude what Im saying? You asked for an opinion... I gave one. Please be specific as to what you found offensive.

I said that the boy was wrong and needed to be taught when to say what is on his mind and when not to say it.

Anonymous