Feeling like a bad mom...

After reading more and more I feel like a bad mom for giving my kids formula and cereal in their bottles. Their pediatricians approved it. They slept through the night and the never gained extra weight. Please tell me that I am not the only mom that does this!!!!

alligurl186

Asked by alligurl186 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• You are not the only mom that does this. If your children are healthy, that is what is most important. I breast fed all three of mine and let me tell you, I wish I could have done it myself during those long, sleepless nights. Who knew that being a mom came with all of this guilt! Damned if you do, damned if you don't!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• good lordy... you need to get some thick skin to play on this site. That is nothing. AND you have a baby... just wait until parenting gives you REAL challenges. You need to do right by your child... and not worry about the rest of the world.

Anonymous

• well the women on here arent doctors and ARENT PERFECT!!!! i gave all 3 of my kids formula, i never breastfed.. oh well whatever idc my kids are healthy and not fat! .. if the doctor said it was okay.. then its okay!!! dont listen to what other moms on here think!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 2:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I did that with 4 of my 5 kids. M oldest is 12, my youngest is 5....they're all very healthy and not overweight. Talk to your dr. and go with your gut. You can find bad and good things about anything you do with your child. The internet, especially, has given everyone an opportunity to make their opinions very assessable

lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• No you are not! I did this too!!!! and I consider myself a great mom!

Answer by older at 2:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My first child was on formula and i breastfeed my second until i went back to work, now she's on formula as long as they are taking the milk it's ok. I put a little bit of cereal in my daughter milk in the middle of the night so she can be full, she's 4months old and my oldest started getting cereal in all her bottles at 5months old and she is 12yrs old now and she is tall and skinny and wants to be a model.
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Thanks guys. I stand firm in my decision to do this. Glad to know that I am not the only one. I have two healthy kids and one on the way so for the time I am going to assume I am doingOK!!!
    alligurl186

Comment by alligurl186 (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Not every child is the same so you have to do what is right for your child... Not every parent is the same so you do what is right for you... Dont worry what others think or how they do it... Just focus on you and your child... your doing just fine!! :) Do whatever works for you and your family :)
    SHELL28

Answer by SHELL28 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I stuggled with breast feeding in the beginning, and had to supplement. Some people on and off CG made me feel like I was committing a crime, on top of being so frustrated and feeling like I was failing my baby! It's just fine! My mom laughs at me for not having our DD on cereal and foods yet at 3 mo! It's just preference and you do what works for your baby!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I never did, I personally wouldnt, but to each their own, I dont think it will kill them after all :) Im sure you are a great mom!
    BluEyedCrazy

Answer by BluEyedCrazy at 2:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2011