Children in LDR

I know that my boys ( 4 and 1) wont be in the LDR when I am delivering but with my 2nd I asked for my son to be brought in before the other family (besides hubby and mom who were there through it all) so that he could meet little brother and see me before the circus began. I want to do that with them again but some family acted put out. I know it is my decision but I wondered if anyone else had any good ideas that worked for their families as far as introducing siblings and their children in the hospital.

alligurl186

Asked by alligurl186 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• tell the family members to screw it.. its important for siblings to meet their new baby brother/sister you shouldnt put away the older siblings that would only cause jealousy.. my opinion.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 2:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It is your choice. Dont worry about those who "acted put out"
    Anonymous

• It's about you and your kids first and foremost. The others should respect that. That is what we wanted to do with our ds, but good ol mother in law screwed that up.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Babybugsmama... mine too. she came barging in literally seconds after delivery (accidentally) but luckily my nurse knew my decision and supported it and led her out before she even saw the baby... I guess I was really just wondering if anyone else did anything creative or had gifts for sibs or anything that might add to my "special moment"?
    alligurl186

Comment by alligurl186 (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Do what works for your family. IF people don't like it, tell them that its not their choice and the discussion is closed.

My kids were at all the births. But so was anyone who wanted to be. It was a big family event each time and I loved it.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• daughtersoftruth... were your kids there during the delivery also? im not opposed to that but it is something i havent thought about... also did you deliver in a hospital and how old were your children?
    alligurl186

Comment by alligurl186 (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2011