Discipline

Just wondering what forms of discipline others use. I have a difficult child and discipline seems to not work well.

alligurl186

Asked by alligurl186 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• There are spankings, time outs, taking away things like toys, TV games, going out to play with friends, no computer no telephone, no toys, no dessert or treats. Standing face into the corner.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• We currently spank and do the supernanny time out method. We also take away toys and tv. He just doesnt seem to get it.
    alligurl186

Comment by alligurl186 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I didnt have too many issues with my daughter, basic thing I had to do to teach her was, follow her around when I told her to do something to make sure it was done. She learned to do things as she was told soon enough.
    BluEyedCrazy

Answer by BluEyedCrazy at 2:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Also spanking I dont think is a very good everyday punishment, maybe if they do something that can endager them and you really need to get the point across, but spanking too often the kid will get immune to it. I have seen that happen a few times,
    BluEyedCrazy

Answer by BluEyedCrazy at 2:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• we do not spank our pre schooler. what works best with him is taking away his ipod or not letting him go outside to play we also limit tv and computer time to a few hours a week so he knows he has to be good to get his rewards
    MzDrinkkard

Answer by MzDrinkkard at 10:32 AM on Apr. 23, 2011