MIL during delivery

Who did you allow in the delivery room? Husband wants his mom but I am unsure!

alligurl186

Asked by alligurl186 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Me and DH have had this conversation in depth!...He wants his mom and grandma in the delivery room...I absolutly DO NOT...this is YOUR day...whatever YOU want goes....I told him that HIS mother and grandmother are not on my list of people who are allowed to see my coochie...he doesnt like it because I'm going to have MY mother in there but on this one...I just don't care....delivery is stressful enough as it is without adding to it doing things you don't want to do
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My rule was you either had to have a medical license of some sort or you had to have been there during conception.... other wise you were not invited in until the baby was born and I was clean and covered.

Anonymous

• My mom and dad and DH (at the time) were there during active labor. His and my entire family was there up to the pushing stage then they went to the waiting room.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My hubby and my older sister were in the delivery room both times. Though my wuss ex hubby hid behind the curtain across the room the whole time
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I allowed my Husband and made it very clear to the nurse and admitting staff that it was to be that way and I was amazed how many people tried to just come in. If you let her in you may open a can of worms of other people who think they should be there too.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My MIL was there for a little while. DH had to run out for a minute to get his medicine ( he has high bp) and she was was very helpful til he came back (20 mins). When she new it was time to get serious she left and it was just me, DH and the nurse until the doctor came in.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It was just me and my dh, I wanted it to be special. My mil would not have been allowed in the there. She freaks about everything and driving me crazy....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Good thoughts. My mom will def be in there (always has been) and my hubby. Luckily he supports that and isnt too pushy about his mom. i know some places limit the numbers anyway. I, too, always have people barge in so I love the nursing staff for playing the "heavy" and pushing them out!!
    alligurl186

Comment by alligurl186 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I only wanted my husband there and we told everyone straight up that they were welcome to wait in the waiting room, but they would not be in the room with me until after the baby was born.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I personally had my mother with me for one birth as well as my hubby, MIL would never make it for me...lol
    BluEyedCrazy

Answer by BluEyedCrazy at 2:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2011