Does anyone else have a one yr old whom they still nurse around the clock?

My daughter just turned one and she eats three meals a day along with snacks and yes she still nurses about every three hrs during the day and at night she wakes up for 2 or 3 feedings. Anyone else have a baby who they still nurse this much cause I was a little offended the other day when a ladie responded to one of my questions and was in shock that my daughter still nurses as much as she does?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That does seem like a lot. Most kids whether on formula or breast fed at this age only have it at naps and bedtime. Most kids at a year sleep through I think. If you are ok with doing it though I think that is your choice.
    BluEyedCrazy

Answer by BluEyedCrazy at 2:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I am going thru the same thing with my 14 month, she only wake up once to feed unless she is not feeling good. I am trying to limit it to a few times during the day and then at bedtime but it is not easy. Today she is not feeling well so she nursed most of the morning.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Oh Im perfectly fine with it, my son selfweend at 13 months and I plan to let my little girl do the same.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Comment by LANDENSMOMMYlmk (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I know many many many babies that nurse at night until about 18 mos-2 years. 3 hours between feeds during the day is normal too. Around 18 months, 90% of the babies I know severely limited their nursing, most of them almost overnight. Try nursing her in a quite dark room, so that she isn't distracted and can drink more at one time, thereofre go longer between feeds. kellymom.com also has some info on night weaning, but I assure you, it will start to taper off real soon.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Oh no I think some of you have mistaken my message, I love nursing my baby and NEVER plan on weening her untill she is ready. Im just trying to see how many other moms are still nursing there babys around the clock at this age.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Comment by LANDENSMOMMYlmk (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Good for you Landen'sMom!!!! If I could have continued BF'ng I would have continued til my son was 2. Props to you and your lil one!
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 4:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2011