Pre labor stinks! advice on how to get things moving OR relax and stop thinking i can go into labor at any second

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• For stimulation: sex, orgasms, walking, acupuncture/pressure, squats.

For relaxation: stay busy. Push your due date back in your mind (Oh, the baby won't be here for another month!), warm baths, massage, visit with friends (as long as they don't ask you when you're having the baby!)... take a day trip to a nearby town or attraction, try new recipes, get your house spotless, make a date night with hubby (which may lead to stimulation lol). Just get your mind off your belly as much as possible.

You're so close! Just a little longer, mama!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Walk? That tends to help get things going normally :)
    BluEyedCrazy

Answer by BluEyedCrazy at 2:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My midwife told me to have a glass of wine and take a nap.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• yep we have all been there some more than others...
    Anonymous

• Walking is great. If your water hasn't broken and your man is willing, have sex! Semen actually is one of the best prostaglandins for softening the cervix. Anything sexually stimulating helps release oxytocin, which strengthens contractions: get your man to play with your nipples or kiss you passionately.

Visualize your birth canal opening up. Say positive things about opening up and letting this baby out.

If you can, take a nap and get rested up. Take a warm bath and relax. Get some good water and nutrition.

Good luck and congrats!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I know this might be hard, but sleep!!! I was having contractions for 13 hrs before they got strong enough.... I got in my comfy clothes and lounged on the couch all day. We had a few visitors so that made time go a little faster. I picked up a little, and took a nice warm shower. Take this time to do things for you. Because before you know it, your little one will be here...:)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Pre-labor's better than no labor! Haha. I feel like all I'm doing is waiting for pre-labor to start
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I feel your pain. When I was pregnant with my son I had contractions that started at 5 months and by the time I was 8 months they were all day everyday. When I finally got to the Safe point I didn't think it was ever going to happen. Through out my pregnancy I had noticed that sex made my contractions come on or harder. So DH and I one day while I was on bed rest and safe to deliver had sex at noon. By 6 that night I was in labor and he was born the next day at 1:05pm. When my contractions started that day I started walking around and visualized him coming. The one thing that was different with these contactions vs all the others was the pressure, no matter what I did the pressure was horrible.

Good Luck you are almost done!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• GOOD LUCK
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 5:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2011