Decisions Decisions....

My Husband is about 200 miles from home for the weekend, and he can't come home. I would love to see him but we can't afford to get a hotel room so I was just going to stay in his truck with him. My only problem is our 14, almost 15 yr old son. He would have to stay home if I went, and I'm feeling bad about it. I would be home by 4pm on Sunday. What do you all think? We don't really celebrate the Easter holiday, and he's 14 so he doesn't do the egg hunts etc. He's been grounded for his grades on his mid-term report card, so he's not allowed to do anything this weekend anyway. We have 2 big dogs at home, and we have friends, neighbors that he could call if he needed anything. I will also be checking in with him off and on all day tomorrow. So should I go, or stay at home with him? I would be leaving in an hour or so if I went, and then leave Sunday Morning and head back home. I don't know what to do. He has spent a weekend home like this before, but being a holiday weekend, I'm feeling bad about it..... Thanks Ladies, for any and all answers, and advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• AWE.... how sweet of him!
    Anonymous

• 15 yr old + empty house = party.

No way!
    Anonymous

• I won't see my Hubby for another month, he just happens to be picking a load up Monday morning about 200 miles from home, and with the cost of fuel it would cost too much to get a hotel room for all of us, or for him to drive home...

I do know it wouldn't equal party, our son doesn't have friends that drive, and we have friends that watch our house when I'm away. Like I said I have done this before, but it wasn't on a holiday weekend. I just wanted to have a little time with my Husband since he's been gone for a couple weeks... Our son is very responsible so no worries there, I was only worried about his feelings, so I guess talking to him would be best. It's funny how you all said party,lol.... I don't think it would even cross his mind, he's only in the eighth grade and will be 15 in august... He also knows he will be watched from neighbors, and close friends of ours. It was more of the holiday thing that bothered me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Problem solved... My Sister is coming to stay with him. Thanks ladies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Thanks for the assumptions, and answers ladies,lol.... I called my Hubby and told him my Sister was coming to stay so I could drive up there, and he said, ummm tell her not to because I'm coming home! He was trying to surprise me, and the whole time I was beating myself up for all of this.. I'm so happy he's coming home! He will have to leave Sunday around lunch time, but I'll take any time I can get with him, and our son is glad he gets to see him too.. It's actually going to be a good weekend after all....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• wow... someone went nuts with the vote downs.
    Anonymous

• can of worms

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• IMO, it's a little selfish. Leaving your son alone on a holiday weekend so you can be with your dh. Besides, like anon said... PARTY!!! He knows you won't probably won't find out if he has friends over. I'd tell your dh you love him and you'll see him on sunday.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• In my opinion, I don't believe 14 or 15 yr olds should be left home alone by themselves especially if they aren't mature enough to get good grades in school. If they aren't mature enough to handle school, they aren't mature enough to handle being home by themselves. I think you need to really take your boys'maturity levels into consideration here. Not all 14 & 15 yr old are able to be left alone like that. Also it is a little selfish to be leaving your kids at home by themselves to go spend time w your DH. I mean if they were older like 17 or 18 than yeah I'd say go, but 14 & 15... they still need a lot of guidance. Sorry Hun, I gotta agree w Babybugsmama... kiss your  hub tell him you love him & you will see him Sunday.  Take Care.

loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• IT WILL CROSS HIS MIND.

he may not act upon it... but i guarantee it will cross his mind.

Anonymous