Would you be upset?

if your kid went to a birthday party and the parents took pictures of your kid and all the other kids and put it on their facebook without asking?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 3:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• It is more usual than unusual for parents to post pics of their kids at bday parties - their own childs, other kids and many other family/school/social events on fb. If a parent does not want their kids pic taken, they should inform the birthday host parents not to have him/her in any pics. Then they need to get over themselves.
    etown2reds

Answer by etown2reds at 3:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I probably wouldn't care.

Random strangers can take pictures of our kids walking down the street just as easily.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• No. As long as they don't have their names up there... Who is going to know who they are?? If it bothers you, mention it to the parents.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Untagging yourself or your kid is simple. My 21 year old does it all the time if I post a pic of her she doesn't like - even if I'm putting one up of she and her 2 sisters and she deems it an unflattering shot of her. Our family is scattered all over the country and they like seeing pics of the girls.
    etown2reds

Answer by etown2reds at 3:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Yes. I had a fight with my SIL over this very issue. FB, Myspace, etc are not places where I want my kids photos shared.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It wouldnt bother me too much.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Probably not as long as they never put names. like Babybugsmom said!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 3:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• well it doesnt bother me if i took my kid to their party and know their parents. but idk my friend was mad that her ds picture was put up but i know the bday girls mom and i was tagged in the picture. So i just thought is it wrong to do that?
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• NO Y SHOULD I GET MAD THATS NOTHING TO GET MAD ABOUT JUST KIDS AT A BIRTHDAY PARTY
    mzhawkins

Answer by mzhawkins at 3:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Anon - you don't know their friends? WOW, great parenting!

".I don't know their freinds and they don't need to know anything about my kid or even their name.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2011