What do you think of what this teen did?( Teen faked pregnacy)

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• well maybe you could tell us the story here

Answer by flipper4u21 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'm on the edge about it. I think she had a point and I'm glad she spoke up about it, but I don't think it was the right way to go. There is a pregnant teen in almost any community that has had to go through what she went through while faking a pregnancy, but the real girl will also have real emotions and a real baby and would be able to relay those feelings and hardships much better than someone who didn't really go through it. I think she created a bunch of unnecessary drama to make a moot point.

Answer by bdflykisses at 3:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I put the link there so you could look up the video.

But basically a teenage girl faked her pregancy for 6 months. The only ones who knew it was fake was her mom , her boyfriend and her principal. It was a social experament.

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• funny thing is I went to a school 5 miles from there. It's amazing what she did and I applaud her from that however like bdflykisses said..she wasnt really pregnant..and being pregnant in high school is a hella job. She didnt experience the joy and pain of being a teen mom/pregnant in highschool completely. People need to learn to think before they speak. Just because you get pregnant in Highschool (like I did) doesnt mean you will never make a life for urself. the cruelty that teens and people have towards eachother is why alot of teen moms drop out and never succeed

Answer by SweetPoison at 3:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Sounds like a good idea for a senior project to me. I'd be interested to know what her written report of the project said.

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i'd love to read her report, and yes i support her for what she did..

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think it is a great senior project, I only feel she should have told the truth to her boyfriend's parents and siblings and anyone else who's lives would have been affected by the "baby"

Answer by JLS2388 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• because the principal, her BF, and Mom were aware, I think it's a terrific project. She didn't do it for attention or malice, it was well thought out and profound

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think it's great.

I typed out a longer response earlier today on the link NP posted.

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 10:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2011