What do you think of what this teen did?( Teen faked pregnacy)

http://www.keprtv.com/news/120428639.html?tab=video

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• well maybe you could tell us the story here
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'm on the edge about it. I think she had a point and I'm glad she spoke up about it, but I don't think it was the right way to go. There is a pregnant teen in almost any community that has had to go through what she went through while faking a pregnancy, but the real girl will also have real emotions and a real baby and would be able to relay those feelings and hardships much better than someone who didn't really go through it. I think she created a bunch of unnecessary drama to make a moot point.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 3:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I put the link there so you could look up the video.

But basically a teenage girl faked her pregancy for 6 months. The only ones who knew it was fake was her mom , her boyfriend and her principal. It was a social experament.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• funny thing is I went to a school 5 miles from there. It's amazing what she did and I applaud her from that however like bdflykisses said..she wasnt really pregnant..and being pregnant in high school is a hella job. She didnt experience the joy and pain of being a teen mom/pregnant in highschool completely. People need to learn to think before they speak. Just because you get pregnant in Highschool (like I did) doesnt mean you will never make a life for urself. the cruelty that teens and people have towards eachother is why alot of teen moms drop out and never succeed
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 3:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Sounds like a good idea for a senior project to me. I'd be interested to know what her written report of the project said.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i'd love to read her report, and yes i support her for what she did..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think it is a great senior project, I only feel she should have told the truth to her boyfriend's parents and siblings and anyone else who's lives would have been affected by the "baby"
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• because the principal, her BF, and Mom were aware, I think it's a terrific project. She didn't do it for attention or malice, it was well thought out and profound
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think it's great.

I typed out a longer response earlier today on the link NP posted.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 10:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2011