Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Out of control teen mom

we recently had to kick our daughter who is 19 out, she has a 4 month old son who we tried to get her to leave him here but the babys dad is not a nice guy very controlling told her take him. also the babys dad has a no contact order with my daughter for beating her up long story short yes he went to jail recntly agian for violation and children services are involved but iam not seeing any help from them at all they keep saying they not doing nothing wrong, drugs and beatings and leaving baby for days i guess not a issues. for me to get attorney is 3,000 bucks just to start but i have a case to lawyer said so my questions i need ideas how to handle this this is affecting my entire house iam really tired and worried about my grandson its affecting my work and personal life any suggestions please help!

Answer Question

Asked by jojo1889 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 2 (7 Credits)
Answers (17)
  • Call child protection. Good luck,

    Answer by mrsvixen at 3:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • Call child services and file a report.

    Answer by spoiled_wife at 3:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • umm no i dont want another kid to raise have two left in house and they are honor roll students and in the navy cadet program! my daughter is bio polar and anti depressent counselor says she has the mentality of a 16 year old.
    called children services as me and other grandma begged for children services to intervine they said the parents are doing anything wrong even with dirty ua and pics of bruises from fighting.

    Comment by jojo1889 (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • You are on the right track; you have to be strong here though. You have to ask around, and I mean ask around and find the most powerful successful attorney. You will have to pay; you can expect a good strong laywer to expect $10-15K up front. Then the only question you have to ask is : "Is your health, is your sanity, is your granchild's safety and more importantly sense of trust in the world worth money?" :)

    Answer by KellyDen at 10:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

  • What did she do exactly? I can't imagine kicking my child out with a 4 month old baby, did they have anywhere else to do?

    Answer by JLS2388 at 9:24 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

  • It's illegal to throw them out of their home. She could call CPS on you and ban you from ever seeing the child again. You have to legally evict people from a place you have allowed them to make their home. Good luck on explaining what you did to a Judge. You probably forgot to tell the lawyer who says you have a case that you threw the mom and child out of the house. In my opinion that's as bad or worse than what the mom did. You should know better than to treat people like that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

  • hugs


    Answer by sherribeare at 2:08 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • anon I meant to vote down your answer...not up

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • You dont want to help with your grandson?? I don't get it! You want to call CPS but it doesnt sound like you want to help anyone really. Or you are torn about it. Yes you have other kids in your home but this baby is 4 months old and Helpless! For crying out loud!

    Answer by mrsmommy2007 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • mrsmommy did it ever occur to you that she wants to help but she doesnt want to raise another child? There is a difference and just b/c parents are deadbeats doesn't mean grandma is automatically obligated. Sheesh.


    Answer by purplerobin at 1:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.