Grr, you try to be nice and this is what it gets you .

So i will admit that my sister in law and I do not have the best relationship ( I think it started when she had a child that was found out not to be my brothers, and then after 2 years of him rasing her, she then decides to let the bio father come into her life and told my brother that she wants her to call the bio dad "daddy", not him) ....

BUT seeing how my brother puts up with it we try to make an effort.

A few months ago my brother lost his job ( and she doesnt have one ), I know he is really looking for work and it upset not being able to provide for his family ...

My husband and I have been doing pretty well fianacially ... So i offered my brother to watch my 5 year old son ( my others are in school ) while I go to work and I could pay him .. of course he did so and was grateful that we pay him to do it ( he actually already spends alot of time with my kids for free)

the other day he had a job interview and so for about an hour SHE had to watch my son .... That night I got on facebook and seen 4 different posts she made about how I just drop my son off all the time for HER to watch , and also said something about how just because we are related doesnt mean I can expect her to do me favors.... and a few other stupid, mean things...

This just p*sses me off sooooo much !... My brother has told me sorry many times and said he wont let my son stay with her anymore and that kind of stuff ...It just drives me crazy that he can put up with her !!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Just remember, you're doing it for your brother, not for HER. I feel that way sometimes about my in-laws (parents, siblings) and just have to remind myself that I must be nice for my husband's sake....until they do something to REALLY piss me off, then even my husband just stands back and lets me blow my lid. Hope things work out for your brother!! XoXo
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• people can be really hateful sometimes and they do not know how it will affect other people. Im glad you are making a effort to talk to her even though things havent gone so well but you need to worry about your son and not let her be around him she might take things out on him just to meke your life hell! Tell him that you love him because he is your brother but you are not willing to accept this kind of behavior from her and let her know too. If she doesnt think that making money while watching her nephew is good enough then let her figure out how to make extra money. I wouldnt let my son go there anymore.
    selaranda

Answer by selaranda at 3:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I would haveposted the truth right under her comments!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i understand how frustrating it can be when you can't control others' lives, but the only thing you can do is pray for your brother & his daughter, & pray that you can find the ability not to judge your SIL for her stupidity.
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 3:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i like that comment about commenting under her posts. i had a inlaw do that to me. To this day i have no idea if they are still about me but she had said something like "how can one person go as low as going back to her and being friends with a backstabber." i'm thinking it was prolly me that she was talking about with an ex divorcee that she truely hates BUT i could be wrong. It didnt stop me from pretending it wasnt about me.

i said "well they probably went back to that person cause its the one thing they know and feel comfortable with."

i say...pretend you dont know these comments are about you and refer yourself as "they" or "she" and comment nicely.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• and your brother puts up with her cause i'm sure he doesnt want to lose her and have nobody.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• She sounds like a real peach lol. Maybe she was angry at your brother and you got caught in the crossfire! I know your brother apologized, but I think I would find other options for child care, I wouldn't trust her to be nice with my children.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2011