What is, honestly, the worst thing you put up (or have put up with) rgarding your husband?

Is it something that most people would give the advice to "just divorce him"? Is it different when we are putting up with it than when we see others going through it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Him being a workaholic for most of our marriage. Hated it when we were young. Greatly appreciate it now that we are old.
    spoiled_wife

Answer by spoiled_wife at 3:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• my hubs has hep c, & it's hard to deal with the modiness, especially when he's almost always in a bad mood. (it doesn't help that our 2 yo's the same as him in EVERYTHING, except without the hep c) I feel like i'm being double-teamed sometimes.
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 3:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Lack of communication with me
    sarah389

Answer by sarah389 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• He's a workaholic and very often puts his job before his family....I understand that he is trying to do what is best for us but it gets a litle old when we make plans to do something together (we NEVER do anything together) and then he bails because his job is offering overtime
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• He gets freaked out when we talk about money! Other than that he's an amazing hubby.
    AustinsMommyMI

Answer by AustinsMommyMI at 3:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• That he's a big kid,I hate to tell him some things more than I do my babies!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• he has to balance the checking account every 3 hours every single day...it is really really irritating but it is one of his things he does because of his OCD so eh I live with it...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• His family. My MIL is a negative person and she's very manipulative. She loves to try to manipulate her sons into doing what she wants. She cares about no one but herself - not her sons or grandkids. I've heard and watched her say how she wishes her sons would die because she hates them so much. Then my BIL I can't stand. He's a manipulative, self-centered, and irresponsible a** h***. Oh yea and he's a drug addict, ex-con who's been out of jail for less than a year. I can't wait till he goes back!! The last time I spoke to him was when he wanted DH's car keys to move the car, I said to give a minute to get them and that wasn't fast enough.He backed me up into a wall, with my girls standing behind me and almost hit me. He didn't because I'm the only person in the family that would have him arrested for it.
    Oh there's more stuff wrong with them but I don't want to waste my time writing about them.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• His work responsibilities. They never end - 24/7/365. Even when he's on vacation, that work phone don't stop. I'm in love with him, I respect his job. I put up with the constant interruptions and intrusiveness of it.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 5:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• The verbal, emotional and physical abuse
    the lying, exaggerations and half truths
    the fact that he was never willing to help me with something when I asked but he would jump to help a friend

I have a long list but I am in the process of divorcing him so it does not really matter. He has been out of my life for almost a year and it has been wonderful.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011