T reason would be meassuring bigger? I am 24 weeks will be 25 on Tuesday.

I went to the doctor yesterday and they want to do an ultrasound because I am meassuring really big. What would be some reasons I can messure bigger? Oh and if baby messures to big will they take me early? If so how early? My first was 8.1 I had to have forceps because she was to big for me to deliver and she ended up getting stuck. My first I delivered no problems at all at 8.7. Will I have to have a c-section? That is my worsst fear. I don't want a c-section.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• he didn't tell me about how big he thought, but I know at my first appointment after he asked my past period he did do the ultrasound (internal) and then he asked if my periods were regular when he was doing the ultrasound I said it is anywhere from 21-31 days he says that isn't to bad and just kept the date I told him
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I measured big , especially for it being my first.. I did end up with Gestational Diabetes which tends to make the baby bigger but sometimes we just get bigger and some measure small.. I know its hard not to worry
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Fundal height is NOT accurate. If you had an 8lb 7oz baby, you can have another. 8lb 1oz probably was just turned a little funny.

Measuring "big" is NOT a valid medical reason to have a c-section. If your doctor suggests this, just say no.

You just may have a little more fluid. BTW, no one can MAKE you have a c-section. The doctors also can't "take" baby early for suspect of macrosomia. It's your body and your baby.

I suggest you research it. Several mom's have had suspected big babies...they allowed the doctor to do an early c-section and the babies were tiny and not ready to be born.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• how do I research it? What do I look up?
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• https://mospace.umsystem.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/10355/7315/InductionLaborSuspectedMacrosomia.pdf?sequence=1

Google...LOL 

"is induction of labor indicated for suspected fetal macrosomia?

bottom line

No. Induction of labor in pregnant women with

suspected fetal macrosomia is not currently supported by the evidence. More studies are needed, 

especially in pregnant women with diabetes"

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• http://www.utilis.net/Morning%20Topics/Obstetrics/Macrosomia.pdf

"

Conclusion: Due to the inaccuracies, among uncomplicated pregnancies suspicion of macrosomia

is not an indication for induction or for primary cesarean deliver"

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I am not worrying. I have been measuring big my entrie pregnancy. When I was 8.5 weekes he measured me a month further. Through my entire pregnancy I have had 2 u/s to measure the baby to determine how far I am and the u/s agreed with me. If you are further along baby will come sooner then you expect it and the u/s should tell you that. If he didn't change your due date after an u/s then I would not worry.

My dr assumed the baby position (transvers) was the reason for me measuring big. I also thing there is a lot of water in there bc compaired to my other pregnancies this babies position changes daily.

Like others have said, I would not induce or do a c-s because the dr says the baby is too big. I know of way to many babies said to be huge so they induced and the babies were small.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• With baby #3, I was told he was "off the charts huge" at 20 weeks. I was freaked my entire pregnancy. He was born 6 lbs. 13 oz. So much for being "huge", huh? With #4, I've also been measuring big (fundal height) but the baby is measuring on track and my weight gain has been even and the fluid doesn't seem excessive. It is more than likely positional or something. I doubt it will have any bearing on delivery. (And for the record, I'm measuring about 5.5 weeks ahead by fundal height.) Wait. They shouldn't try to induce you for a suspected large baby, that is against ACOG standards.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 5:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I have gained 45 pounds already and I am only 24.5 weeks. I was 238 before getting pregnant and I am at 183 already
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2011