My mommy just yelled at me =(

My mom DOES NOT like how my MIL is so critical when it comes to me and my house and how I raise my daughter. I guess she's also sick of me complaining about it....I was telling her how DH wants MIL to be be in the delivery room with us and how I finally had to just put my foot down...I DO NOT want his mother in there with me while my legs are all gaped open and my cooch is all exposed...I know she it there to see the baby, yadda, yadda, yadda but I don't care...this is MY day and I'm not going to let her ruin it telling me I'm pushing wrong or that I don't need to be so loud....

Anyways I was telling my mama all of that and she kind of snapped and was like "I've been telling you all your life not to let people just walk all over you! You need to put her in her place now or it's just going to get worse!" and alot of other stuff that I don't want to repeat because it might make you think less of my mama lol

I know that everything she is saying is right....and I have example after example of how MIL is forever trying to get HER way with MY family....but my mom hasnt yelled at me since I was a teenager and it still kind of hurt my feelings lol

Has your mommy yelled at you as an adult????

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Your mom is right - put on your big girl panties and take charge of YOUR family - keep MIL in her place
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Yes but my mom is nuts. If she yells at me I usually do the opposite of what she says lol. Your mine is right though. My mil wanted to be in the room when I had my dd. I was uncomfortable for some of the same reasons as you. I didnt want anyone seeing me all exposed, that just weirds me out. My dh told her no only he and I would be in the room, but the day I went into labor there she was. I was like omg wth? So the nurse told her only me and dh were allowed in the room for the birth. The nurse saw I was uncomfortable and asked me if I wanted them there, and I said no. She knew I didnt want to cause a scene either. I got lucky.

Answer by gemgem at 3:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• ahh... so hard.. Yes, my mom has probably once or twice since being an adult and it sucks the same lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• rolling on flooryep... my step mom too.  Not "yell" but reprimand.

Anonymous

• My Mom yelled at me lots. About stupid shit to. She's dead now and I wish she was here to this day. Put your MIL in her place. When your in Labor YOU the Mom to be is the one who decides who gets into the room and who dosnt!!! PERIOD! I wouldnt have wanted my MIL or Mom in the delivery room either! Thats just weird on so many levels!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Ohh yea my mom has yelled at me as an adult. Its amazing how they can still make you feel like a little child. I think if she was to tell me to go to my room I would. Its part of being a parent. You will parent your children when they are grown up also. Of course most of the time my mother was right and I didn't listen . I am an "adult" i know what to do right lol?
    She is right about your MIL tho. I had one like that. I swear I share custody with her instead of my ex. I am forever correcting my children in what she tells them. Like she told my oldes DD8 that being a horse trainer when she grows up is a waist of her time and there is no money in it. I had to tell my 8 year old to be what she wanted and not to listen and to become a horse shoer also cause they make money too. I am so glad I don't have a MIL this go around. Makes things easier ( I know that cruel but its a long story in itself.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 4:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Yep- last summer my mom and I got into it over her lazy-ass good-for-nothing brother. He put 2 pictures he took of my son (at Christmas) on an art website and was going to sell prints of the pictures! I had NO idea he was going to do that and I called my mom all upset and she took HIS side! It created quite a stir.....I do get along with my mom but I still have not forgiven her for putting that asshole and his feelings over her own grandchild's well-being!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Your mine-Your mom

• bouncingOh yes, many times!!! LOL...she just loves ya hon!!!

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 4:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I never grew up with my mom. The last time I talked to her was Christmas when she pitched a fit that her new camera didn't come with a memory card already installed. Our last conversation:

Her: What made you think I needed a new camera?
    Me: Because your old one was dead and useless and we wanted to do something nice for you.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2011