Mommy Guilt?

We all have it from time to time...what is it that causes your mommy guilt...? is it a regular thing for you and how do you 'get over it'?

Please be respectful/dont judge other's answers...the point of this is to realize that we're all feeling the same thing for different reasons and our kids make it through it JUST FINE :)

sbenbenek

Asked by sbenbenek at 4:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm hoping I answer what you are asking........... I will tell one of my children no, that child then cries or whines...my 6 year old son will come down sit on my lap put his hands on each side of my face and say, I love you mommy, I don't think you are mean..... and yep that does it I feel guilty for telling one of the kids no, when he does this lol.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Since this just happened I'll mention it.. I always take a cut of the kids holiday candy for myself. They just had the Easter parties at school. =) I had some starburst lol
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I have it often, it is usually about the lack of time I get with my son since I work outside the home which in turn makes me feel bad when I want to work out or do anything for myself, so I don't and It certainly has taken its toll on me ( 40lbs)
    Mommy guilt when I can't make him better when he's sick and I get frustrated
    Guilt when I don't have all the answers or patience
    guilt when I think of how I am not smart enough to help him while in school in the future
    I could go on and On.. I don't think I ever get over it but I think when I am with him, I try not to dwell and just play and love him to pieces, its worst when I am away from him
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I think I feel the most guilty when one of my children gets hurt and there was nothing I could have done to prevent it. I KNOW I'm not Super Mom, but when they get hurt anyway I feel like there's SOMETHING I should have done to keep them safe. The rational side of me tells the emotional side of me what an idiot I'm being, but it very rarely helps.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'm exhausted from being pregnant and I'm not able to be as active with my daughter as I would like to be....she's been watching alot of TV recently and it's making me feel like a terrible mother but....I just don't have the energy to do anything else
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'm convinced that my dd keeps getting sick ( nothing serious) because my milk was bad...the docs tell me there was nothing wrong with my milk, just mommy guilt :(
    addynbellasmom

Answer by addynbellasmom at 4:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Okay.. I'm with Lucky209 on that one too. Pregnancy is terrible for energy with other little ones!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'm with you ladies...I had my boys really close together (theyre 14 mo 1 day apart) and when I was pregnant I felt like it took away so much from my time with my oldest. Then when I had my lil guy I felt like the oldest was taking away from his time and vice versa...I still have days when I worry that they are sacrificing for eachother...for example my oldest has a beautiful, full baby book complete with letters pictures and notes and my youngest sits barely open and half filled out...Or my youngest needs so much more attention when it comes to keeping the day to day running of the house because my oldest is finally at an age where he can amuse himself with crayons and a coloring book...when he doesnt know his ABC's just right or hasnt fully grasped the concept of sharing I worry that I've taken away from his developement...but then I see them interact with eachother and realize I'm raising best friends, its a beautiful thing
    sbenbenek

Comment by sbenbenek (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2011