Did you deliver your first early? Were you measuring further along?

I delivered about a week early with my first and had been measuring a week further along consistently. He was heavier (almost 9lbs at birth) and my belly was larger as well.

With this baby, my belly has been measuring right on track for my LMP due date. Her actual size during ultrasounds has measured a little less than a week further along than the LMP due date. I'm worried I've gotten my hopes up that since my first was early, that this one will be early too. If my belly's measuring right on track though, I wonder if that makes me more likely to go to 40 weeks. :/

Any personal experiences or opinions?

ours

Asked by ours at 4:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My daughter was 2 weeks early , she was 6LBS 10OZ even though the ultra sounds said she was about 5LBS.
    My 2nd I delivered 3 days shy of my due date he was 8LBs and the ultrasounds said he was 7LBS and they always showed he was measuring 2 weeks ahead. My daughter measured 2 weeks behind.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My 1st was 9 days late. He was due on the 4th of July,and was born Friday, the 13th! He weighed 7lb. even. My daughter was 5 weeks early. She was 5lb. 4oz. My youngest son was 3 weeks early, he was 6 lb. 14 oz.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• with my first i measured right on and she was over due by two days, i am currently pregnant with my second and last month he was measuring a little big
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I measured about 3 weeks behind with my first but he was born early. He was 2 weeks early and weighed 7 lbs 8 oz. (So I only measured 35 weeks at my last appointment). With my next baby I measured small again. I was really hoping for another early baby, but she made me wait until I was 3 days overdue and she weighed 8 lbs 1 oz. With my third baby I think I measured closer to normal. I didn't know what to expect as far as when he would come but again hoped for an early baby. He came even later and was born 10 days overdue weighing 9 lbs 1 oz and 22 inches long. I think you just never know. The only real difference I noticed was with the baby's activity level. My first baby was very active and I kind of wonder if that made him come earlier, like he was distressed because he couldn't move. The next 2 babies were very calm, especially the last, he hardly moved at all.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My first was born at 35 weeks. I was measuring right on track. Baby was 5 lbs. 2 oz. #2 was born at 37 weeks. I was measuring right on track. Baby was 6 lbs. even. #3 was born at 36 weeks. I was measuring a couple weeks ahead. Baby was 6 lbs. 13 oz.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 5:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It sort of seems like there really isn't any rhyme or reason, they just come when they come! I'm going to try my best not to focus so much on how much longer I'll have to wait and more on just enjoying the sleep! I'll be 38 weeks on Sunday, and am being checked at my appointment on Monday. I guess we'll see when this one decides it's *time* :]
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My son was born at 38 weeks.... they told me he was going to be 9lbs but he was 7.5lbs
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My 1st was measuring 40wks at my 36wk checkup. I went into labor at 36.4wks and he was born at exactly 37wks! He weighed 8lbs 21 inches.
    I also thought my 2nd baby would be early. I had false labor and everything. I did measure ahead but she she took her time and was 2 days "late" and weighed 10lb 2oz.
    This was also the same for my 3rd and 4th(born at 40wks) They weights 9.15lbs and 9.12lbs so I'm thinking I measure ahead because I have big babies!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2011