Which would you do?

So this is my first holiday without my mom...My dad is coming as are my 2 sister's...My hubby's uncle passed away & the funeral is while my dad & sister's are here...I am not close to this uncle & since it's my hubby's side, said I would stay back & be w/my dad & sister's since it's our 1st holiday w/o our wife/mom/grandma...Did I make the rigth choice?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Holidays

• :Yes, and besides, it is your choice to make and no-one elses ."

^this. i totally agree with this :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I would stay behind and be with your dad and sisters
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Yes, and besides, it is your choice to make and no-one elses .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Nobody can tell you what is the right choice to make for your family. I personally would have gone to the funeral with my husband. It is only a couple of hours and I would have the rest of the time to visit with family, and my hubby may need my support in his grieving.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 5:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i think it's fine that you stayed behind. i would want to be with my family too... and since you're not even close to the uncle then it shouldn't be a big deal. i would just make sure my hubby knows he has my support and you are thinking of him too.
    nikkimcnemar

Answer by nikkimcnemar at 4:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'd stay and visit with my family.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• why couldn't you do both? if the funeral is local, why not go with your hubby to it, and then back to your family. i'm sure they would understand you being gone a few hours.
    if its not local, and hours of travel is involved, by all means, continue as planned with your family.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Was hubby close to the uncle, or is he going mainly out of respect to the family? If he was close to him, your husband would probably like to have you there with him. If it's the latter, then I probably wouldn't go.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 6:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2011