Is this normal? addiction to bf-ing?

My 15mo dd is still breastfeeding.. but I"ve gone back to work for awhile now, so she feeds in the morning, when I come home from work and throughout the night. When I come back from home, she litterally huffs and puffs and pants and tuggs on my shirt to get fed.. she's acting like an addict.... , it looks like she's never going to stop feeding cause she loves it so much. I can't even put her to sleep bcause she cries wanting to feed to sleep. On the other hand, when my husband puts her down on the crib, shes fine & sleeps. Its just when I do it, it doesn't work because she knows i've got something she wants.. how will I ever wean her off when shes like this...

urban_baybee

Asked by urban_baybee at 4:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm so glad you asked this...I want to know too..I think my son will be nursing till he's like 35,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It's normal.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Ha ha, I also tell people I think I'll never be able to wean my son, he is almost 15 months old and still nurses probably 5-6 times a day and if he doesn't nurse a lot in the day he will want to nurse in the middle of the night. It is normal. There is nothing natural that says a child should stop nursing at 12 months old, it's just our culture that says children should stop by then. My daughter weaned herself at 10 months, which I think is somewhat abnormal, now I think my son might never quit. No, I know he will, he's just not ready yet. I would really like him weaned completely by 18 months, but it may be hard and I'm not really sure how to do it either.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• i cut my twins off at 15 months. i kind of wish that i had not, because breastfeeding really helps through teething. anyhow, i introduced paci's to the kids, and i think we are just now going to take those away...they are 3!!!!
    my first son weaned himself at 14 months, because i was pregnant. my second son weaned himself at 21 months.
    i now have an 11 month old, and i would rather keep her at my breast than introduce a paci now.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• he's probably addicted to b.f but u just av to stop him. d longer it is , d harder it bcomes to stop him. just stopped ma 11mo old baby frm b.f last week n she's almost getting used to not b.fing.
    blair16

Answer by blair16 at 7:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• It's normal. Especially since you just went back to work, it's comforting for her.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 8:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2011