Snooping....would you do it???

I was wondering how many would snoop in their DH/SO's e-mail?? Is it wrong to do so??? Or, do you think, that as a couple, you're allowed that privilege?? Do you think that he'd do it to you??? What would you do if you found something disturbing?

moore_me03

Asked by moore_me03 at 12:27 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• I snoop all the time. He's the one who gave me the password.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 12:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i trust my dh...but i dont have to snoop he tells me everything and he dont snoop with my things...i guess we got lucky we fount open minded ppl cuz i see a lot of females snooping and freaking out about porn....

If i fount something disturbing...would have to ask him about it to see why he likes it or what ever.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I think I am priviledged but he gave me all of his passwords and I gave him all of mine and I trust him so I dont feel the need to snoop. I think its wrong if you dont have a LEGIT reason to do so. It just shows there are trust issues and I like to trust and be trusted. He doesnt snoop through my stuff.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 12:33 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I would snoop in my SO's email, phone, pant pockets whatever! At 49 years old i have found the only time someone does'nt want the other to look at text message, phone, whatever it is because there is something they are hiding. It might not be serious, but maybe they think it will cause the other to become upset or something. Personally, I feel my SO is interested in what i do if he checks the phone log or whatever.
    jolze

Answer by jolze at 12:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I actually discovered that my husband had cheated on me when I looked at the e-mails he'd saved on his laptop. He'd given it to me to watch a movie on and then left for a couple of hours. When I saw saved e-mails, I honestly thought they were from either me or my daughter when he was away on business trips. I was SO wrong. And I later found out that he'd routinely go through my e-mail regardless of the fact that I didn't have anything to hide.

If you think you have reason to be worried, then you might want to have a plan in mind for what happens if you do find something disturbing. If you want to look simply because you're curious, I'd just ask to do so and let him know that's the reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i don't snoop. however, since we are married, and all our mail comes to our house, and is usually addressed to both or one of us, each of us can/does open the mail. its not a matter of distrust; its simply a matter of getting rid of crapmail, and throwing things away that just pile up in the office. we both look at and answer each other's phones..neither of us has anything to hide.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• ooh..you asked about 'email'...oh well, same answer.
    thehairnazi

• My SO is the least sexually motivated man in the world, so I know better than to think he would cheat...he's super anal with money so I know better than to think he's overspending...his hobbies and his friends are pretty boring and mundane...When we first got together years ago I snooped (I guess hoping he was more interesting...lol) but I haven't snooped on him for ages. You can only be disappointed so much coming up empty handed before you give up! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• We don't snoop. It is a trust issue, but I will occasionally go through his stuff while he is sitting there with me, and vice versa. He even hangs out when I am cleaning my inbox or my purse. If you want to look be honest about it, don't hide it, and if you come across something that bothers you ask before jumping to conclusions.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• if you can call it snooping since he gave them mall to me and agreed on the keylogger. i don't feel bad about it in the least.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 1:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2008