Has anyone else noticed that it's only bashing when....

you don't agree with their opinions? It seems to me that people start sqaulling about bashing as soon as someones opinion differs from what they believe (politics & current events) or what hey want to hear (relationships) when it comes to this answer section?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in About CafeMom

• yep...totally agree with you...so i dont get bashed...lol* no but really they do bash if you beleive diff. i say what i have to say if they say i am bashing then let it be but if they dont know facts i try to add those in
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I agree that people think that it is bashing if you don't agree with their opinion. I don't agree with bashing at all, there is always a nicer way to say stuff.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I agree =]

Although there are really truly horrible people on here (most of them post anonymously) who just want to make people feel like crap. They have nothing good to add to the discussion...they just post once saying something mean and leave. There's a difference between differing opinions and just being a bitch.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:57 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I try not to read the answers of those who are nashing. Differing opinions or not is NO reason to put someone else down. The bashers are lonley pathetic, and unhappy in their own lives and feel the need to put others down in order to feel good about themselves. Just ignore them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Vbruno could not have said it better -- they are unhappy-- try getting something positive out of them and it won't happen. Just let them simmer in their unhappiness.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• your right at least mostly right. i absolutely hate it when someone is on here though that seriously just want some opinions because they have been truely hurty by their loved one or they are truely nervouse or scared about something and some smart ass has to come on just to make them feel worse that is when i lose it. i just can't believe i joined a club where some people can be so damn heartless and evil just for their own satisfaction.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:03 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Your question made me wonder... isn't it funny how moms will write "No bashing please," in their question, and no one bashes? But when it isn't written, others go ahead and bash? It's sad that moms have to add disclaimers!

I agree with Vbruno about the mindset of people who bash. So isn't it hilarious that a 3 word sentence makes them move on to a diff question? Something to think about.

I'm glad there are as many nice cafemoms as there are nasty ones!
    oceanlover84

Answer by oceanlover84 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2008