If you had the opportunity..

Would you move to a new state and start over?

My fiancee's family wants him to move from NY to FL. They have a job at their company that they own, for him and are giving them their guest house, everything included for just $800 a month..He wants me to come with him. That would mean leaving my family behind but it would mean a new start. I want to but I'd be homesick bad.

What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, I would not hesitate. In fact, I have done that. I moved when I was 30 and started over in a new state. I've never regretted it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• if i could afford to leave my job, and go with him, and be able to get a job there, sure.
    yes, you'll be homesick. i am, and i'm only 5hrs away.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I would do it in 5 seconds flat...I like my life here and yes I would miss my family but if this would help my DH's career I would move in a second....he knows I would follow him to the ends of the earth....plus that would be the perfect excuse to get my mama to come visit me lol...she only lives 45 minutes away right now and we barely ever see each other (we talk on Skype) that way she would HAVE to come out and spend a week or so with me every once in awhile lol.

Good luck with your decision mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• You could always go back. Nothing is permanent.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• If I were you I would move to Florida and every time you can get off, go visit your family.
    ripburn

Answer by ripburn at 5:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• If we were young and just starting out. I'd take the opportunity.
    spoiled_wife

Answer by spoiled_wife at 5:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Depends --- do you get along with his family? Personally I wouldn't but that's cause I couldn't deal with dh's family. My support system is here & I'm very close to my family. I don't really get along with MIL, hate my BIL so there's no way in hell I would ever move with them. Funny actually because MIL is trying to get me to move to TX with her yet she's always talking shit about me.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It would be family I have never met but they are anxious to meet me and our DD. He also wants me to be housewife. I'd still want to go to school and everything to have something established if anything ever happened.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I have done that, I was 20 years old and my husband got a new job that moved him 100 miles away. I was scared and sad, but I am so glad we did it, we are a stronger couple for it.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Why the need to start over?
    Anonymous