Ugh...help?

any ideas on what i can do about my face? its so dry and ashy and if i use lotion i break out if i dont use lotion i have dead skin all over my face, the only stuff i can use is my old acne lotion but the smell makes me sick and they dont make it anymore so i cant go get more

im 24 weeks pregnant btw

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• neosporin? Cortizone 10? that's all I can think of. Have you tried pure cocoa butter?
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 5:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Have you tried Aquaphor? It is generally the best for sensitive skin, though it is a bit thick.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 6:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• take fish oil or udo's oil, and drink 2-3 liters of water a day. use olive oil to cook with. eat avocados and fish and nuts.
    you could try a one ingredient lotions, and see if that helps, like coco butter or shea butter...but be sure that is the only ingredient on the container.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I had very dry skin and I used Nivea Creme and it helped a lot. Maybe give that a try.
    Shishi_87

Answer by Shishi_87 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I was going to suggest eating more olive oil, olives, and nuts too. I would NOT use the acne lotion, maybe don't even use soap when you wash, just a wet wash cloth. Every soap can be drying, and the wash cloth will still exfoliate for you.

Whenever I've had skin problems over the years, I have stopped using ANYTHING on my face and giving it a month. Sometimes switching up what you're trying and using a bunch of products is the OPPOSITE of what your skin needs.

Make sure you drink enough water too.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2011