HE EATS EVERYTHING!!!

I have a 3yr old that is willing to taste or eat ANYTHING. Over the past yr this has resulted in 3 calls to poison control. Nothing was even remotely serious (I'm just a very nervous mom and feel its always better to check) But I'm beginning to worry that I wont always be so lucky. I have done as much baby proofing as possible (all cabinets, drawers ect w harmful products are locked up) but he seems to 'find' things I never realized where with in his reach...and I cant ALWAYS be the one doing the baby proofing...I'm nervous that if I cant teach him not to do this he may be with his father or a sitter or even with my mom and ingest something they never thought he would. I just want to keep him safe...any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The good news is you are almost though this phase! ;0) Sounds like you are doing the best you can. Just keep talking to him about hos ONLY food goes in our mouth.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• wow!! i wish my ds would do that...maybe he'd eat more lol but about the question, make sure you always have milk on hand because usually thats what posion control will tell you to have him drink. Warn everyone and give them the numbers to posion control and his pedi as a precaution. have you tried smacks on the hand when you find him doing this and telling him its not food? do that as soon as you find him and call pc after milk has been given. my ds has tried laundry soap and lighter fuild.....
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• wow im not sur hopefully its a phase and a short one gl
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2011