Hereditary Alergies?

My baby daddy found out hes allergic to nearly everything lol i was wondering if my daughter could have his allergies because he is the father?
(people with a problem to the term dont have to comment about their problem with the term)

Killemo

Asked by Killemo at 12:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I am also allergic to everything--so far my daughter has eczema which runs in both our families, and both of our families have asthma. According to MY doctor not the pedi-- there is a 50% chance that my DD will develop any of my problems. All you can do is wait and see--I hope that it all works out--but most people have a mild form of allergies anyways. I wish you all the luck with your little one.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My oldest son & my youngest daughter both have psoriosis. The dr. said it runs in families. Also 3 of my kids have allergies to pets & so does their dad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• YES. Hubby and the kids have allergies. I don't. BIL and nephew both have extensive food allergies.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:13 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It is very possible for your baby to have gotten the dad's allergies, or none at all. Only time will tell if the baby will develope them or not.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:24 AM on Dec. 3, 2008