Health Issue

Okay so last night I tested positive on a HPT. This morning I started gushing blood. Like I soaked through three pads in less than two hours. Sorry for the TMI...but there were lots of clots and I was doubled over in pain. I went to the ER and they drew blood and told me that I wasn't pregnant and this was just a period. Well I am not bleeding anymore. I never have periods like that. They are always very light and last two days. My question is what the hell happened? Why did I test positive?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Health

• Idk but here is a bump
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It sounds like a miscarriage to me. I wonder if the drs messed up the test or something. hmmm
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 5:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I had a couple of early miscarriages before my first child. I didn't bleed as heavily as you describe, but it was unusually heavy for me. You may want to check in with your ob/gyn, just to be sure everything is okay. GL
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 6:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My periods are always like that.
    Anonymous

• You might have had a miscarriage, but because of the amount of clots you passed, your levels might have been too low to determine if you were pregnant. I'd call your doctors have them test you.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I would definatly talk to the doctor about it... you may have miscarried. :(
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 6:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It sounds like you may have had a chemical pregnancy. Which means you were in fact pregnant but the sac wasn't able to attach itself to the uterine walls properly. Because of this your body flushed it. I'm sorry you went through that.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• my friend went through this. She was technically pregnant becasue the chemicals in her body were reading pregant so when she took a test it read postive, but then about 2 days later she was cushing blood out and passing clots. When she went to the er they told her she was having a miscarriage. They said sac was not able to attach so there was no "baby" but chemically she was pregant.
    lucasmommy519

Answer by lucasmommy519 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 23, 2011