Real labor or another useless trip.

i'm 8 1/2 months pregnant with my second child. my dew date is the 25th of may. with my son i was 7 weeks early. i never even new i went in to labor with him. we just happened to go to the dr and she sent us over to the hospital after hearing that i had had a a gush of liquids. to be truthful i didn't even really feel pain until about 6 to 8 hours later, when there started to be pain. because of a pain defect I've had since i was a child i could be in real pain for hours and if its not getting worse i will never know.
about 2 weeks ago i went in to the hospital thinking my water had broke and found out it was nothing more than my daughter kicking something. but it was determined that i was in parshel labor. meaning for those that dont know the dr said i was having real contractions although spaced far apart. so for the last 2 weeks i have had at lest 1 to 2 some times 3 or 4 in a day.
and today my husband is out of the house tell tomorrow morning, and really cant leave work for nothing. i have been dreading this night since i found out he has to work it. well the morning went well with nothing happening. but after waking up from a nap i am uncomfortable, and seem to have lots of presher every time i get up to walk around, and seem to be short tempered with my son and animals. i really dont want to call my husband and get him in to any kinda of trouble for another "false alarm"
what should i do wait and see if i have any pain or call. i really dont want to go back and sit for over an hour and have some dr at the labor and delver give me some lecturer about not knowing or what i should really be looking for and stuff.

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 5:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• relax, lay down and drink water. stress can bring on labor.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• You should try drinking water, see if a friend can come over to help with the animals and your child so you can relax, and that way if you do need to get checked, your friend can take you and if you are in labor you will know for sure and be able to call your husband,.
    Micki-Cook

Answer by Micki-Cook at 10:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• You will know you are in labor when you can not get comfortable no matter how you sit, stand, etc. Time your contractions, they should be at regular intervals, last for 1 to 1.5 min, and become stronger or more difficult to get comfortable. Walk around awhile then lay down to relax or take a nap. false labor will end when sleeping and true labor will not.

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2011