Does this make me a hypocrite, im pagan but attend luthern services on holidays?

my husband and i are pagan, he grew up luthern and i grew up catholic but we decided on our own terms that being christain was not a good fit for us. the pagan way fits our own beliefs better than being christain. we are rasing our kis pagan. at christmas and easter we go to his family's home for dinner and they attend service before hand and most of the time we go with them, for one out of respect for his family. they are by the book christians and since we are having dinner at their house its only right to attend service with them. and also my kids get some exposer to the luthern church and if at any time they want to be baptised and follow the christain route we would be ok with it. they only time i have problems with any christain church is when they try to shove their beliefs down our throats. lucky enough the luthern church we attend at holidays isnt that way but they say we are welcome back at any time and they dont say our relgion is wrong. i dont see it as being a hypocrite but as being open minded. we all have our own beliefs and while one works great for one may not apply to another.
so do you think im being a hypocrite since im a pagan attending luthern services every once in a while?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think it makes you a hypocrite. I think it is a good way to show respect to your husband's family.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• you're not anti-Christian just because you're Pagan

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• No, you're honoring your families beliefs... Whether they are your beliefs or not, your supporting their beliefs and their traditions. It's not like you are actively worshiping their God 2 days a year or claiming to be Christian 2 days a year and then being Pagan the other 363 days.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• no

• no it makes you open to and appreciative other ideas.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I don't believe it does.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 6:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• No, I attend all sorts of services with our extended family. It's not like you are pretending to be something you are not.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• No- I am not Pagan so I am not sure if its against your beliefs to go to Church-but the mere act of going to Church does not mean you are denying who you are or what you believe- I actually think its good karma to be able to compromise as you have-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 12:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Not at all. Of course you would be turned off if someone tries to shove their beliefs down your throat. That's only natural. I don't think every Christian does that, nor every Jew, Muslim or athiest. Just find people you like independent of religion and go from there. It is good to let your kids be exposed to it so they can make up their own minds, especially since you are open enough to allow them to do that. Just keep encouraging them to find their own way and they will respect you for it.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 2:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I'm not sure what a pagan is. you are not wrong or right. The beauty is, you are still being respectful and searching for the answers. Religion is Man made. the act of Faith is God made. Christianity is the belief in Christ as God's Son.
    We worship the teachings of Jesus. We try to practice them. I do not belong to a "church". I am a child of God. The fellowship of others that believe as I do is something I am searching for, but have to say I am leary. It's like anything else, You take what you want and leave the rest. We all have the freedom of choice. I have done the same with my children. They have the knowledge to make their choices, I applaude your openess with the children and they will learn from you.
    pookie60

Answer by pookie60 at 2:53 AM on Apr. 23, 2011