Birth Control

Hey everyone! Ok so I was wondering which birth control to get back on. I had my DD 5 weeks ago. I was on the pill before I got pregnant, I got off of it so that the hubby and I can try and here I am now with a beautiful baby girl and wondering which BC to get back on lol. I had no problems with the pill just it can be such a pain in the rear to remember to take it everyday at the same time. Any suggestion? I have been hearing alot about Mirena .. Is anyone currently on Mirena? and if so ... how is it working out for u?

MrsHewson

Asked by MrsHewson at 6:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Health

• I have Mirena and I love it. I had it placed in 2008. I absolutely love having no periods and I have had any bad affects from it.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I was using the Nuva Ring for a long time before I just decided to stop taking BC all together... I loved it, I hardly ever had to think about it and when I wanted to get pregnant again I just stopped using it and got pregenant. Your doc will probebly have a good recommendation for you.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 6:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Thank you ladies =)
    MrsHewson

Comment by MrsHewson (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I'm not a fan of mirena I know three people that got pregnant with it. They had to have it removed, and two of those pregnancies ended in miscarriage because of it. I hear yaz is a good birth control. Or alesse.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I was on YAZ before i got pregant but hated having to take a pill everyday so i stopped, but when i went for my yearly after i had my son he recommended Merina and gave me a pamplet on it. I would have actually did it if it wasnt so expensive. But currently im not on any bc and love it :)
    lucasmommy519

Answer by lucasmommy519 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I use the patch. I have been on it for years and no problems at all. It's easy and I have no issues.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 8:11 AM on Apr. 27, 2011