botched circumcision?

my son's circumcision seems to have healed improperly. he has a small penis and it's always "hiding" up in his baby fat, instead of hanging down. i have to push on either side of it to get it to pop out so i can wipe it during changes. so, as his circ healed, the head of his penis didn't heal in a mushroom shape. instead, it healed level with his shaft, so there isn't larger mushroom tip, it's just all straight and smooth, but you can see the line around the top where the ledge would be. his dr says she can re-cut it so it can re-heal and hopefully get the usual shape back, but since his penis is still "hiding" most of the time, i don't want to do it yet- if at all.

i feel so bad that he didn't heal properly and doesn't look normal, so please, NO ATTACKS! i know i made a choice and i am now suffering my concequenses.

my question is: did or does anyone else have this problem? and what came of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dr didnt take enough skin off during my sons. So now it starts to reattach itself which it cant because its been exposed and has bacteria and stuff. Every diaper change I have to pull the skin back down and put antibiotic ointment on it to keep it from sealing back up and getting majorly infected. They said that they out grow this when it happens when they start having there morning woods regularly and if they dont then we have to have him re-circed...I told the dr that did it I wanted my money back. She did it wrong and now my son has to go thru this pain every day of me pulling the skin thats reattaching off which hurts like hello im sure...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I don't know what to tell you to do. Just wanted to say I am sorry to hear this happened. Just my two cents, I don't think I'd opt for the second try. At least not right now, like you said it's still "hiding". What does the father think? I just don't think I'd want to risk it getting botched again, you know? And really, as he grows, is it really going to look that different and how much will it really bother him do you think? Just things to consider. Good luck to you!
    Abilyn

Answer by Abilyn at 2:44 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My son is the same way. You are NOT alone in this!! He's 18 months and the ped. told me that as long as the skin does pull back when you're wiping (and it's not re-attaching, he's just "hiding"), it's ok the way it is. Not all circs look the same anyways. If your ped. isn't worried about it and it's just a cosmetic issue, I'd leave it be.
    tylersmommy0508

Answer by tylersmommy0508 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• From what I've read hidden penises are a possibility with circumsision,. I'm really sorry you are going through this. Before I knew not to circ my big boys got it done and I'm glad there were no horrible effects(my youngest son is intact as will be the one in the belly). I have read that it can often correct itself as they grow and the penis gets bigger. I wouldn't let my child be re-circ'd. It's hard on infants and even worse on an older child but thats just my opinion.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• the penis is still hiding up there, but when i pop it out to clean it, i can see that the skin has reattached itself. he's 2 1/2 now, so it's not going to fix itself. i guess i'll wait and see if it bothers him down the road.
    Anonymous