Why will my computer only work in safemode with networking?

My computer was working fine this morning. Then this afternoon I wanted to take a test and it kept freezing on me. Now it will only work in safe mode with networking. I have a windows vista system on a Toshiba laptop. If you know how I can fix my computer without having to take it someplace for them to fix it I would really appreciate it.

Decker

Asked by Decker at 6:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Technology

• Virus! Run a virus scan while in safemode to try and get rid of it. If that doesn't help, look up PinkSodaPop on CM and ask her- she's a whiz with comps, and I'm really just a newbie when working with that kind of stuff. lol Hope this helps!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Did you try hitting the F8 key while it is booting up? When you do this it should allow you to choose an option of configuring the computer to a time when it worked fine (like yesterday).
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• if you do the F8 key thing, you need to hit it while you are booting up. There is like a 2 second window where you need to hit it, so I usually just start hitting it repeatedly while my computer is turning on if I need to go that route for an issue.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• No I didn't know that you could do that. Thank you ladies for the help.
    Decker

Comment by Decker (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2011