Ever sued anyone?

Never have, but depending on how a meeting my DH has on Monday goes, we might be. Yeesh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• We took an ex-landlord to small claims court to get our safety deposit back. He didn't want to give it because we put a temporary fence up and then we took it back down...he wanted it left up because obviously people would pay more for a rental with a fenced in yard. We won and before leaving the courtroom he yelled "I WANT TO COUNTER-SUE." So then we went back to court and he had a lawyer and we didn't and we still won. We waited a couple months without receiving our money, so we had to have the courts take it from his checking account (which we knew where he banked because it was stamped on the back of our return checks). The court got a letter from his wife saying they didn't pay because they didn't know they lost. idiots.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• yes. we sued a local fence company for doing shitty work that they agreed to come back to repair, but months and numerous phone calls later, they never showed. we couldn't even get them to return our calls..until they were served with court papers.
    they decided to settle out of court. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I went to a lawyer who wrote to the person saying I would bring charges against them. They did not want that and settled the problem straight away. Quick. Cheap. Easy. Since then I have written a couple of letters to different companies and included excerpts from laws and regulations illustrating what they did wrong. They rectified the matters immediately because they did not want lawyers involved. I did my own research for these. Just the threat seems to be enough when they know they are in the wrong. Definitely no phone calls. Do everything in writing and keep copies.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Yes, have sued a few people in my day for various reasons.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• a car accident where my mother child and I were hit head on. The Lady had insurance but had been excluded by her husband..she used the I took the truck with out permission shit story...I went to her house and demanded she pay me for the Hospital fees! My mothers Lincoln Navigator was totaled in this accident only 1 month after she had paid it off. It really sucked...we all got 7 grand.....still not enough for my little one who had 2 cranial fractures and was in ICU for 24 hours. ugh!
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Yes. We sued my Highschool. But legally I can't discuss details.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Yes, mine was also involving a car accident.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 3:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2011