My grandbaby very colicky

I need some suggestions for my grandbaby. He is four months old and very big for his age and completely breast fed. His colic is tremendous. thanks

lilangilyn

Asked by lilangilyn at 7:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He probably has a sensitivity to something that mom is eating. My boys were dairy sensitive and when I eliminated all and I mean all dairy - became an obsessive label reader - they got a lot better.

And sometimes feeding baby one side per feeding is helpful as well.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Chamomile tea...no sugar maybe sweeten with a dab of honey...very good for the colic...
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• balagan has 2 great ideas!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Either there's a biological basis (health problem) or it's a behavioral problem. I find that some babies try to test your limits. Some want a lot of attention and if you give in everytime, they *learn* that continuing that behavior gets them the attention they want. Babies need to learn to some extent that they will be safe if they are left alone for a few minutes or if you're in the same room and not holding them.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 7:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• My son had colic really bad when he was first born. He was the first grandchild and first child so he constantly had someone holding him, and we think that thats what was wrong with him. He never wanted to be laid down or anything... just held (poor thing). He also had reflux so that made him colicky also. We gave him gripe water, which worked wonders for him. Good luck!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 8:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2011